As a High School All-American running back and accoladed student, Phillip Hayman took his talents to the University of Iowa as a dual athlete in both football and tennis. Due to injury, Hayman re-focused his attention to tennis and concluded a successful collegiate career at Brown University.
Hayman is considered amongst an elite group of professional tennis and pickleball instructors across the Northeast. His work in the private sector including the Weymouth Club, Ipswich Country Club, Newburyport Tennis Club, Adirondack Club and ForeCourt Racquet & Fitness is highly regarded. His experience extends to the public sector through his current position with the Hingham Massachusetts Recreation Department as the Tennis and Pickleball Director. Further enhancing Hayman’s resume are similar positions with the City of Portland, ME and Ipswich, MA as well as the following certifications he has received:
- United States Professional Tennis Association(USPTA) certified Elite Pro
- Professional Tennis Registry(PTR) certified pro
- Professional Pickleball Registry(PPR) certified Pro International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association(IPTPA) certified level 2 pro
- IPTPA Certified Rating Specialist 5
- USAPA Ambassador
- 2020 USPTA New England 60 Pro of the Year
Phillip’s passion for pickleball is exciting for ESG and our sports community. “My philosophy is to introduce, teach and make the game fun and enjoyable for the casual/recreational player as well as to develop critical skills for the competitive/tournament player,” he explains. We are thrilled to have Phillip on board and bring the sport to athletes of all ages and abilities.